Tuesday 29 September 2009

Clarks farce





That's it, Clarks have blown it with Mrs B. I bet they're shaking in their well-designed footwear. Batboy was saying his pre-summer shoes were hurting, so I took him to the local branch of Clunkys footwear where they measured his feet then claimed they'd grown half a size. As there was no immediate choice other then the dullest pair of tan, can't even do it to a four-year-old, shoes we left. I then sent the old but perfectly good pair, complete with pointless flashing lights, to charity.  
Fast forward a week and I'm at the in-town, far more cosmopolitan, branch of Clunkys and they measure his feet again saying he hasn't grown at all and it's all a web of lies. They then proceed to roll out another selection of smart-casual frankenshoe nightmares.  We left in a cloud of fury, only to be alleviated by H&Mecca and a pair of cheap robot pumps. 
As it turns out we can't see the shoes anyway under the batman suit's spongey shoe covers. Why did I bother and will I get sued? Bring it on, I have righteousness and Batboy on my side...

No comments:

Post a Comment